Monday, March 7, 2011

I have a tendency to do what I want, instead of what's best for myself. Sometimes these things coincide, but they often don't.

In light of watching a very dramatic, but satisfying series finale of Greek, I know what I want. I think. It's just what makes me happy right now. It's comfortable. In a time when so much is changing, I am drawn towards that.

I want to draw again. And have springtime. And get excited about college and prom and my last spring as a high schooler. It's the healthiest romantic relationship I've been in. I miss my bad frisbee tosses and horror at the idea of him joining the military. I miss his family.

I don't miss losing part of my stubbornness in the process. I didn't like minimizing my political views (which are slowly leaning more moderate anyways). I don't really mind him being an asshole sometimes-it's fun when you're in on it.

Do I want him back? Yeah, I think I do. I like relationships. They keep me safe. They keep me alive. They give me moments to tell my grandchildren about. He keeps me happy.

(all typos a result of having typed this on my iPod)

No comments:

Post a Comment