Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Mrs. World

Dear Mrs.World,
Just don't expect too much of me, kay? I have many faults, and here is my attempt at being humble.

I don't have my shit together, even if some think I do. I worry constantly, analyze everything, and hardly ever get real things done. If I did, I would be doing a lot better in school. No, not grade wise, but learning wise.

Mrs. World, I would love to be a decent, moralistic person. For the record, I am not. I won't ever be as compassionate as Mother Theresa, as brave as Ghandi, as bold as Gloria Steinem. I lie, I cheat, I take gum from my brother. I am not humble, I know where I have strengths. I'm arrogant, but often I have low self esteem.

Mrs. World, as for my one true strength, I can read. But I don't choose to read the great classics. I love romances. I love that so-called "literary trash". But it isn't junk, not always. Granted, I wouldn't read it if you're trying to avoid certain sins, but... There are life lessons somewhere in there, and being the hopeless romantic that I am, I seek them out.

So you see, put pressure on me if you like. But I won't be at fault for my failure to do what you except Mrs. World. I am human, I am flawed. I am conceited enough to call myself that.

You want humble? Go ask someone else. You want math help? Go ask someone else. Want to discuss Meg Cabot's latest book? That I can help you with.

Sincerely,
M.A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment