Monday, August 3, 2009

It Happened in Tokyo

So it's finally dawning on me how awesome it is to be able to say that I'm in Tokyo. But other things have dawned on me too.

Like the fact that my family and I speak like five words of Japanese. Thankfully, we have two more days and the rest of the trip is with our Japanese friends, so we're okay then. And a lot of signs are in English. Without that, we'd be screwed over so badly...

And going to the bathroom is a new experience. Every time I go to a new one, it's a matter of choosing which button flushes versus using the bidet or heating the seat or something. It's crazy and high tech and kinda fing awesome.

That I'm in the biggest city in the world, but it's incredibly safe. And I think I've figured out why. They're too damn busy to commit crimes

But Japan is awesome.

1 comment: