Monday, August 24, 2009

Who I Am

Adolescence is supposed to be about finding your identity and your role in the world. We're supposed to decide on careers, plan for our futures, and utilize our education to prepare ourselves for the road ahead. At least that's what everyone tells us.

But how can I do that when there's so little I've seen and experienced? I keep thinking that I know myself pretty well. But I'm not so sure I do.

As time goes on, there's events or experiences that'll happen that sometimes change my opinion of things. And sometimes I'll change my mind back to the original idea, sometimes I won't.

But if I keep changing my mind and my principles, how do I ever actually find out who I am?

I feel like I keep losing myself as life gets more complex and serious. In this crazy world, I'd love for something to be realible, but apparently it won't be me that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment