Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's all relative

This is going to be short. It's on my iPod after all.

I spent my morning flying a good distance west. Six hours later, I'm still managing to keep in contact with my friends like ever before. I don't feel that far away from home.

I don't feel that far away from my friends in other states, either. I talk to them as much, if not more than some of my hometown ones.

Sometimes distances seem huge to me. The seven miles across town to Nate's when I'm running late for dinner? Huge distance. Wanting to go to the beach with a friend in Chicago? Not bad, just two and a half hours to a meeting point on lake Michigan.

It's all very relative for me. I'm glad that the distance doesn't matter as much now as it did a millinia, a century, a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment