Friday, June 25, 2010

Whining in Wyoming

Dear Abby:
I"m stuck in a desolate state (both meanings). With my parents. It's really not that bad. I just...want to be someplace else. Now isn't a good time. It's the beginning of summer, and I have books to read and people to visit. I don't have time to do this crazy hiking in the woods thing. Not to mention this chaotic social stuff.

I feel like my summer is slipping away to commitments. I don't like commitments. Abby, why did I even get involved in things?

I want...to be able to make a decision about things-anything.

I miss my August family vacations in Banff and Lake Placid. That actually included the whole family (my brother).

Abby, why can't I act like I'm five? Life would be so much easier then.
Sincerely,
Whining in Wyoming
----------------------------
Dear Whining,
Stop your bitching already! Stop trying to solve other people's problems and focus on yourself. Clearly you need it right now.

As for making decisions, just do something. Then live with whatever you decide. Enjoy your stupid vacation. You're lucky enough just to go. Use it to think about shit.

Suck it up,
Sincerely,
Abby

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the wonders of paranoid schizophrenia and multiple-personality disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...could you be implying something?

    -No! He isn't.
    -Yes, he must be.
    -Poodles. Fluffy poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother isn't on vacation with you??
    Yes--focus on yourself, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete