Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Dog Days Are Over...The Dog Days Are Done....

I feel fabulous.  Not quite as fabulous as Kurt, but perhaps Mercedes, which is a close second.
I like deciding that I'm making life choices.
I like even more when I'm  deciding to follow through with them.
I like getting money from colleges.

In the past two days, I have received scholarships and admissions from two schools, and was deferred from another.  The deferral, of course, was from the one I thought I really wanted to go to.  But the scholarships give me some options.  And I'm sort of excited.

At this time next year, I could live in Greencastle, Allendale, Lincoln Park/Chicago, or Pittsburgh.  I'll hear back from Ann Arbor in April.  But right now, it looks like Lincoln Park or Allendale (I'm refusing to consider U of M until I actually hear news from them one way or another).

But I'm excited!  I'm definitely going to a college next year!  And it might be out of state, squee!

As much as I love high school, this is going to be my least favorite spring semesters.  All the others were better.  So, just let me skip to graduation, okay?

Wait...do I want to be a college student yet?  I turn 18 in less than a month.  Good Lord, I'm scared to grow up.

3 comments:

  1. Money from colleges=awesome. Nice job :)
    I'm super excited about the aspect of being out of state next year, too. I didn't apply anywhere in TN, so there's no way I'm staying here unless I decide to screw over my life and stay....ew, gosh no.
    Skipping to graduation would be lovely. Sighhh.

    Don't be scared to grow old--embrace it!! You'll love being 18. You become legal for all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized this--is the title of this post alluding to the song by Florence+the Machine?

    ReplyDelete