Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nothing to do at school

Well, I've finally found a site that the school doesn't block. Blogger! And since I really don't want to write an essay for my film class right now, I won't.

I have to write it about this Western movie, Shane, I honestly am not a fan. It's a good movie, but it's so sexist. All the girls and women, they do nothing. Except make meals and shriek when a gun goes off. I love the horses in it though. And the mountains are pretty. Other than that, the gun toting manly men just get into fights instead of talking. They just walk into the saloon, stare each other down, and break chairs on each others' heads. Which is actually pretty funny to watch after a while.

Regardless, don't watch it. It's stupid. But it's realistic of the time period (post Civil War 19th century) I guess. Just really glad I don't live in it. I'd be more suicidal.

4 comments:

  1. Shane sounds almost as sexist as the plays of Shakespeare. None of the women have any personalities... Besides the mean, horrible ones the men are trying to change (Taming of the Shrew) or the antagonists (two of King Lear's daughters, Lady Macbeth was evil...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Juliet has a personality. A pathetic one, but then so does everyone in that play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehh. Not really. There's nothing about her, besides her stupidity, that sets her appart from any of his other female characters. (Then again, most of them are stupid). So... I guess she has A personality, but it's bland and unoriginal.

    If you think about it, nothing about HER herself shines through in dialogue or action. Everything she does is just stupid and pertaining to Romeo and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just that Shakespeare is (GASP!) unoriginal himself?

    ReplyDelete