Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hiding Behind Religion Rant

I see Facebook bible quotes on many Christians' Facebooks. Some of them I know to be good people that truly believe in these quotes. Many have huge hearts and will help anyone.

But there are some that just don't seem to understand their religion. What religion preaches drinking and law breaking and promiscuity? Where is it said that people should be judged superficially? Where does it say that killing someone is okay as long as you wear your crucifix at all times?

Now, there might be a religion that mentions this being okay. I'm just not aware of it.

Sure, you may repent your sins in Judaism and Christianity. But blatantly going against the beliefs you claim to live by daily?

That's just wrong.

Yeah, I'm as human as everyone else, and I tend to mess up more. And if you're going to sleep with many people and smoke odd things, that's fine. It's your life.

But please don't try and claim that you follow such and such a religion when you so blatantly violate it every day.

At least take down the Bible quotes that you "live by". You aren't fooling anyone.

5 comments:

  1. See the problem? It's obviously FACEBOOK.

    FACEEEEBOOKKKKKKKKK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's not just facebook. There's other demonstrations of belief too. And Facebook is not evil. In fact, within five years, you'll have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know it's not Facebook. I was just being annoying.

    And the more my friends threaten to me a Facebook... The more I begin to fear it as they come closer and closer to putting their words into action.

    Facebook is stupid, man.

    I think it's inevitable that I will have one eventually, though. I'm already texting a TON. Like hours and hours and I want to shoot myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea? TEXTING? Oh my. Something isn't right with the world.

    Why not get the facebook? You're already on the computer a lot, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete