Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Exactly One Does At Camp

So everytime a person (usually an adult) finds out about my summer camp, the following question proceeds. "Oh, so what do/did you do there?" I find this question stupid. Most adults know what goes on at summer camp. Swimming, playing games, doing arts and crafts, etc. So that's what I tell them.

Of course, that's not all that happens at camp. But it's the only part we can tell the adults about without them getting concerned.

I can't mention the thrill of successfully pantsing my counselor. Or seeing the cute twelve year old couples slow dancing awkwardly and sharing a blanket at campfires. My first time hoof picking a horse's back hooves. Twisting my ankle three times in a week, but being able to claim being the only person to play Misson Impossible on crutches.

What I really did at camp this summer?
  • Have feasts in the cabin despite the fact we aren't supposed to have food in the cabin.
  • Play crazy card games that involve dead dictators.
  • Discussing the best make out spots in camp. (the walk in refrigeration room, anyone?)
  • Making jokes about your mother
  • Taking pictures that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see
  • Ranting about religion and politics and why Americans can be dumbasses
  • Pants people
  • Be pantsed.
  • Twist my ankle three times
  • Bitching about who has to scoop ice cream
  • Going to see the new HP movie
  • Five way spooning at campfire.
  • Be generally perverted and inappropriate 24/7
From now on, adults who ask me what I did at camp, I will simply refer them to this blog entry. Then again, maybe not, as I will be considered a bit of a pervert. Oh well. Lying works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment