Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Love My...Walrus?

Please ignore the title, it doesn't seem to make that much sense to what is going on in my head. Not the walrus part anyways.

So I once read that relationships are good prevention for people with depression. Prevention of symptoms, I'm assuming. But sometimes other people are the cause of that depression. So this seems more dangerous than helpful.

Then I wonder what the article meant by "relationship". Family members, friends, romantic relationship, what? I think they must just mean in general.

But when relationships have the opposite effect on people, it can just be scary. When someone's only keeping it together for one person in his or her life. If that person dies, or betrays them, then what happens?

I mean, that's the same thing abusers try to do in relationships. Separate the abused from everyone else, so they are dependent on the abuser alone.

I guess my point is...one person shouldn't be your life. I think this lesson is more a warning to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment