Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Kind of Weather

So it's gray out. And drizzyly. And windy. It's like autumn or a warmer day of winter. The first days of July should not be like this!

But they are.

And this weather normally reminds me of lots of things. Flannel and new books and teardrops and fuzzy blankets and bear hugs. I love the grayness when it's supposed to be there. I can be warm and lazy and literary.

But now? It just makes me want to throw something.

Can I have the grayness come again another day pretty please?

3 comments:

  1. It's not that cold! It doesn't feel like winter!

    I am LOVING this weather. It's cool enough to wear jeans and warm enough to wear a tshirt and not be cold! I love it I love it I love it.

    I'm very excited about it. Except now it's supposed to warm up and it will be gone by this weekend. Which sucks.

    It's way too hot in the summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so I exaggerated. But aren't you originally from somewhere warmer than here? Like down southish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in Kentucky, but most of my memory is from Pennsylvania, which has a, surprisingly, very different climate. That was an awkward sentence. But yeah, it's less mild all around - cooler summers, warmer winters. There is actually SPRING for MORE than 2 days, and there is an actual FALL for a month or so!

    Here, it's deathly cold winter for 9 months and burning hot summer for 3 months. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete