Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Scavenger Hunts, Matrimony, and Hupix

Current State of the Union:
  • Hupix: It isn't actually a real word, unless you ask Samantha, Emaline, or Andrea. And I'm sure a couple other people. But yes, I'm stupid enough to look it up. Why? Because after a while, I got suspicious of Samantha's smirks. Besides, when they all write it one their hands...are they starting a cult? or are they just obsessed? :P
  • Matrimony: So today's lesson in CCD was about marriage. It was one lesson I actually enjoyed. Well, other than the part in Genesis where "you shall be fruitful and multiply" (Genesis 1:28). That grossed everyone out. But really, there's a lot of married people that could put a little more effort in before they get divorced. Even in hard times (like the current economic crisis), people shouldn't just be giving up, at least not on their marriage. There are always going to be bad times, but those people seem to forget all the good ones too.
  • Scavenger Hunts: I love scavenger hunts. The real ones, not the ones your history teacher makes you do to figure out your textbook at the beginning of the year. I want at least one time in my life for someone to set up on for me. Like a real, good one. Either that, or I'm gonna have to start geocaching. Which is quite awesome.

5 comments:

  1. But how do you know how hard they are or are not trying on their marriages or on other aspects of their lives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying anything but that people don't try hard enough on their marriages. I mean, the divorce rate is a crazy 50% or something. It's one thing for a spouse to be a alcoholic or something, but for the people who just don't try. Maybe there's more to be said about putting more thought into marriage before you get married in the first place. But, it could be worse. In some villages of Java, the divorce rate is 70%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hupix is a real word. I'm writing to Websters. It's real, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hupix doesn't have a cult-it's just extremely underrated. Which is sad because it's an awesome word. You should use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if I'm ever in a hupix where I can use the word "hupix"... I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete