Sunday, March 29, 2009

UMMA!!

UMMA= University of Michigan Museum of Art

So I went to the reopening of UMMA last night to the public. Since my aunt is the construction manager type thingie for U of M, I also got a tour of campus. And if there's anything that'll get me to keep my grades up, it's that. My goodness, I kinda love it there. There was a car with a tree scuplture on top of it. But that was just like a random thing. But it was really cool.

And I loved how all the stores and restaurants are intermixed with campus. Plus, I suppose I got to see/know a little more than most people about things, since my aunt kept talking about how some guy donated $7 million because he didn't like the lighting in a building and such. It's all really cool. The campus is such a mix of old and new buildings. Think like, old Ivy League buildings and modern glass structures everywhere. It's awesome.

And even the college students I liked. There was a diverse mixture, and they seem more mature. Well, some of them. And I'm glad to know the fraternities and sororities are kinda just in a certain area. Because...yuck.

To make my point, I'm in love with U of M. UMMA is pretty damn cool too. We made jewelry with all these 6 year olds, and watch hip hop dancing, and saw cool Buddhas. I think I'd like to go bad when there are less old people who think they are the next Picasso or whatever. Or at least less eighty year olds with tied dyed pink pants and fur coats...WHOA. Kinda scary.

But this is exactly why I have to tour some other colleges. So I know what I'm in love with most. I'll do that in Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning on doing that today. Cool.
    7 million because he didn't didn't like the lighting? That seems like something I would do if I had millions. Epic.

    ReplyDelete