Saturday, June 6, 2009

Adventures at Blimpie Burger

So today, through a random course of events, I ended up at Blimpy Burgers with Nathan and his family. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically this old burger dive in Ann Arbor. It's this really great hole in the wall place.

It's a tiny little building with a ton of people (at least on a Saturday afternoon) and you get yelled at if you order wrong. Thankfully I didn't, because I studied ahead of time. Yes, that's incredibly nerdy. But I didn't want to make a fool out of myself.

But the insanely greasy burgers are good (at least the veggie one I had), and there's nothing better than eating a ton of cholesterol between two slices of bread with little kids climbing on your chair. Nothing better. Plus it's in Ann Arbor, which is truly a magical place. Where else would it take three days to make onion rings?

3 comments:

  1. So you and Nathan are good together? I would have never guessed you two would go out. I'm glad it's going well.

    I hate retaurants like that - that are old with their ways and you have to know exactly what to do or people get ticked off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you have it all wrong. That's the point of Blimpy Burger. It's been around since 1953, and the point is to get yelled at. It's fun. Other people must like it too, considering it's been on a couple TV shows and the line was out the door yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah they're always like that. Super popular, or they wouldn't have made it 50+ years. I just hate having to already know about somewhere I've never been before.

    ReplyDelete