Friday, May 8, 2009

Hmm...Am I a Trekkie?

So I went on a date. Saw the new Star Trek movie on said date. And it wasn't all that bad (both the film and the date). I had fun. Would've been better if it wasn't for the awkwardness on sharing an armrest...

But will I become a Trekkie anytime soon? It's pretty doubtful. Next date (assuming there is one) is putt putt or bowling or some non-movie activity. Or a non-boy movie. A girl or gender neutral one is preferable. Lesson learned here: movies are kinda awkward first date activities. DO NOT ATTEMPT IN FUTURE!!

Speaking of dating, I seem to have a problem. Which is a reoccurring problem. I've oftentimes encouraged numbness upon myself instead of feelings. In this way, I suppose I am like the Vulcans (Star Trek reference).

This is my so called "coping mechanism" for grieving, heartbreak, sadness, etc. It works well once it is in place. Problem is, that it has a tendency to stay in place.

Therefore, I do not quite understand what I feel for this boy. And from experience, I know it's gonna take me a while to comprehend them past my shield. Which may be good. Or it may mean that I am leading on a boy for several weeks before I process. I suppose this is why I always do the dumping in relationships. Damn.

4 comments: