Thursday, May 7, 2009

Waiting

All this week, I've been impaitent with waiting for something. Something that I've realized may or not actually happen. And I don't think I care anymore. Because I've decided to stop waiting.

Last year, I spent months counting down, impatiently waiting. What happened was worth the wait. But the biggest thing I regret is spending my life like that. To be so focused on the future, instead of enjoying the present makes you miss a lot of stuff. I'm not sure how much I enjoyed my life as a whole, because I was so concentrated on one thing.

This semester was meant to be a break for me before two torturous years of APs. And it was wonderful. Because it hasn't just been a break so far. I like my life right now. I'm enjoying my classes, better relationships with my friends, more time for myself. I'm not waiting anymore. The school year has morphed from a flat tire to the gasoline that keeps me going.

I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. Annoyingly happy to some people.

All I have to say: you leave me alone, because I don't want you anymore. You're annoying as hell.

2 comments:

  1. What were you waiting for? The end of the school year?

    Usually I focus on the future because the present sucks. But when I focus on the future it's either in 2 hours or in imagination land that's set over 10 years into the "future." There's really no connection between what I wish will happen and now. I'm pretty sure the ideal things are impossible.

    There's some pessimism for your day (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll explain it to you in person. Es muy complicado.

    And I'm sure it doesn't suck.

    ReplyDelete