Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We Are Family. I Got All My Sisters and Me....

With the tides, seems to come change. In my case, it brings family members back that strayed from the Family (sorry, I'm still in Godfather mode). In a matter of days, I will be meeting an aunt I haven't been in proximity with since I was 16 months. Another uncle I will be seeing that I haven't laid eyes on since 6th grade.

I can be excited about this. But in the same time, it worries me. This uncle brings his own set of troubles to the table, ones that I do not want to hear about. There was a reason he was banished for four years. Others can forgive and forget, but I cannot. This man has made far too many "mistakes" and bad judgment in his life.

The aunt though, I welcome. She has been off raising her grandson because her daughter is incompetent. I admire this woman for this and other struggles she has been through, even though I have never met her.

I may be hasty, but I know from experience that some people harm, others help. It isn't often that people change these roles.

I hope I'm wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your long-lost family members are much more awesome than you expect them to be. When will you meet them? Memorial Day Weekend? Is that next week?

    ReplyDelete